Project “Khelo Haryana”
Through Khelo Haryana, Varitra aims to promote sports for holistic development of children and youth with special emphasis on girl-child. Varitra has partnered with Haryana government to bring the rural youth closer to sports by equipping village-level stadiums and other spaces with the necessary sports-equipment.
- To promote sports among children by providing them access to suitable physical education curriculum, quality coaching and training, sustainable infrastructure, equipment and professionally managed programs.
- To promote sports as an integral tool of development among the youth, focusing on physical and psychological health and well-being, socio-economic inclusion and growth and gender equality.
- To inculcate a professional attitude towards sports and development, including coaching and training as well as grassroots program-management
Khel in Stadium
23 village level stadiums have been developed by the local government in Gharaunda block in Karnal district and Varitra Foundation is currently running its pilot program in 5 stadiums. Varitra Foundation is mobilizing the local youth and working to transform them into professional players as well as actively aware and healthy citizens. Weekly training sessions will be organized by specialized coaches and master trainers (volunteers) will train the youth on the daily basis.
How it works
- Program development, implementation, monitoring and review of Physical Education programs in 15 government schools and in 5 local village level stadiums.
- Training and development of trainers in each village to work as physical teachers into schools.
- Training and development of two master trainers (coaches) and 10 volunteers to work as physical teachers in village level local stadiums.
- Athlete education and awareness including Anti-Doping Seminar. Coaching and managerial support in skill training, nutrition, strength & conditioning, sports science, psychology and injury prevention.
- Sports events like Mini-marathon, cross country, inter-school sports competitions, etc.